A Quick Overview

Welcome to my blog on the ups and downs of a raw food diet.


The last seven posts are displayed on the left. You can find older posts in the Blog Archive on the right.

Alternatively, you can use the Search function, on the right, to find articles that contain the word you specify.

Clicking on any of the Labels, also on the right, will bring up all the posts with those labels attached.

Feel free to leave your comments, observations, questions, etc. by clicking on the Comments tag at the end of each post. I will do my best to respond to each one.

If time is of the essence, just click on the appropriate Reactions boxes at the end of each post.

If you have any Suggestions, whether recipes, books, websites, etc., feel free to let me know and I will post the information for the readers.
Blessings,
Rocky


Mar 28, 2010

A Royal Pain in the #%+&* #21

This week was pretty much the same as last week. Just the basic routine of food preparation and getting as much paperwork, research, etc done as possible.

What is different, is the growing pain in my groin. A few weeks ago, I thought the discomfort might have been due to a small intestinal blockage as a result of the addition of cooked food. From the amount of swelling on my left side, however, I'd say it's probably an inguinal hernia. I haven't gone to see a doctor here, as I'm reluctant to start the medical process while in BC.

While it's possible to get my treatment done here and have it covered by Alberta Health Care (AHC), the logistics and paperwork involved as a result are not appealing. Since my flight back to Edmonton is already booked for the 14th, I've decided to try and tough it out.

I almost forgot. Today, March 28th, is my birthday. (I actually don't mind birthdays as I find the alternative unappealing.) Besides, I got to spend it with a good friend at the lovely Fireside Grill in Saanich. It is a lovely location with great ambiance and fabulous food. They were also more than willing to modify the menu to meet our dietary restrictions. Highly recommended, (but not for raw food).

Here are the stats for this past week:

                             03/21/10              03/28/10        Change

Weight              125.2 lbs.               123.9                   -1.3 lbs.
My weight seems to have stabilized in the 122-127 range, which is OK for now.

Body Fat           15.1 lbs.                 14.4                     -0.7 lbs.
Only half the loss is fat, which suggests that the other half is muscle mass which I can't afford to lose.

BMI                     19.7                       19.4                    -0.3
A reflection of the weight.

Body Fat           12.1%                     11.6                    -0.5      
Same as above but as a percentage.

Water                64.1%                     64.3                   +0.2
Above 64% is a good place to be.

Bone Mass        6.3%                       6.3                     No Change.
Holding steady.


No comments:

Post a Comment