A Quick Overview

Welcome to my blog on the ups and downs of a raw food diet.


The last seven posts are displayed on the left. You can find older posts in the Blog Archive on the right.

Alternatively, you can use the Search function, on the right, to find articles that contain the word you specify.

Clicking on any of the Labels, also on the right, will bring up all the posts with those labels attached.

Feel free to leave your comments, observations, questions, etc. by clicking on the Comments tag at the end of each post. I will do my best to respond to each one.

If time is of the essence, just click on the appropriate Reactions boxes at the end of each post.

If you have any Suggestions, whether recipes, books, websites, etc., feel free to let me know and I will post the information for the readers.
Blessings,
Rocky


Mar 21, 2010

Sauerkraut -it's good for you. #20

In Elyse's raw food class (mentioned in the previous post) she recommended a bit of sauerkraut morning and evening to promote healthy levels of intestinal flora. Why didn't I think of that? 

I bought a jar of hers after the class and have been eating a small portion as an appetizer before lunch and supper ever since. I also bought her flax crackers and serendipitously discovered that they compliment each other nicely -the texture and the neutral taste of the cracker soaks up the tartness of the sauerkraut.

Healthy and delicious!

The pain in my groin continues, coming and going for no apparent reason. It does, however, seem to get worse after walking. I decided to cancel my colema appointments until it clears up.

The watery stool situation is improving, so I've started bringing in more raw food into my diet this week.

It's official. My flight back to Edmonton is booked for April 14th. I'm going to miss the charm of Victoria, the scenic views, the amazing weather, the people I've met.

I'll be back!

Here are the stats for this past week:

                             03/14/10              03/21/10           Change

Weight              124.4 lbs.               125.2                   +0.8 lbs.
It looks like last week's loss is this week's gain.

Body Fat           15.0 lbs.                 15.1                      +0.1
Looks like I put a little meat on (instead of fat).

BMI                     19.5                       19.7                     +0.2
A reflection of the weight.

Body Fat           12.0%                     12.1                    +0.1       
Same as above but as a percentage.

Water                64.3%                     64.1                    -0.2
Above 64% is a good place to be.

Bone Mass        6.3%                       6.3                     No Change.
Holding steady.

No comments:

Post a Comment